Today I have the brand new transitional shades, Whispers collection. Like Zoya says, “Experience color serenity with this muted and tranquil palette of transitional nail neutrals.” These six shades are soft and cozy as a cashmere sweater. I’m still feeling the moodier deep shades I lean toward for wintertime but these do make me look forward to spring. Let’s take a look!
Zoya Whispers Collection, brand new transitional shades for 2016! Clockwise, from bottom left: Lake, April, Cala, Eastyn, Misty and Ireland.
I really liked all of these but I’ll start with my favorite (on me), Misty!
• Misty – ZP827: An easy to wear taupe that is an updated version of gray with
just a touch of green to make it daring. I don’t personally see that “touch of green” but hey, this 2-coat shade works for me. My favorite of the lot!
Ireland is a relaxing shade of green. Ooh, this will be great for March!
• Ireland – ZP826: A uniquely wearable green that is muted enough to make it subtle
yet still interesting. This green is well balanced between blue & yellow so it’s
flattering on all skin tones. This went on slightly more opaque that Cala, April and Eastyn. 2 coats to a perfect soft sage green.
Eastyn is a warm and toasty grayed out mauve.
• Eastyn – ZP825: A subtle grayed grape that is more interesting than mauve and
gives a modern alternative that is ever so wearable. Very reminiscent of the first Zoya Naturel nudes. But it isn’t a dupe in case you wondered. Here is two coats, same formula as Cala and April. Makes you think it’s going to be too sheer on the first coat then turns opaque on the second!
Cala is a peachy nude.
• Cala – ZP823: A soft nude with a kiss of warmth that will flatter most skin tones. I used two coats here. First coat went on pretty sheer but was fully opaque on the second coat. I was unsure it was going to go with my pale winter skin tone but I think it’s a good peachy nude.
Lake is a grayish blue, pale and cool.
• Lake – ZP828: A softened blue that gives the effect of serene water with just a
hint of vibrancy to preserve its luminosity. Two coats, same formula in my opinion as Misty and Ireland. In case you think it’s a dupe for some other Zoya pale blues, it’s not. It has a spit of gray setting it apart.
April is a baby-soft peachy pink.
• April – ZP824: A light, rosy toned neutral that is a modern take on blush. 2 smooth coats, exact formula as Cala. I love this shade!
Conclusion: I really like this collection. I was sort of looking forward to the next collection being vibrant, glitzy or sparkly. But maybe these transitional shades are just what the doctor ordered! All the formulas were great, three started out sheer but ended up fine on the second coat.
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER on ZOYA.COM 12/28/15
ZOYA IS THE HEALTHY COLOR OF FASHION!
Available in top salons, spas and on zoya.com.
**BIG5FREE, TOXIN FREE: Zoya Nail Polish Formula contains no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene or camphor.
NOTE! I thought you’d enjoy reading another review of Zoya Whisper Collection by my blogger friend, Mary, over at Swatch and Learn. Click Swatchandlearn!
* These polishes were sent to me at no cost for review purposes. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated.