Even though we are still in the icy grip of winter, my eyes have turned toward the springy shades that abound on nail polish racks. It’s no secret, I don’t do winter! I do love the warm and vampy colors of the cold season. But I’m ready to put those to bed.
Naturally I embrace all shades of Spring and Summer. I’m a sucker for all variations of lavenders, orchids and purples. When I saw Sweet Hook by China Glaze on that Sally’s Beauty polish rack, I knew it had to come home with me. Today I was pondering what my NOTD should be. And since we are expecting yet another winter blast this week, the rebel in me, sitting on my left shoulder whispered, “…go with that spring shade. You know you want to…” So here we are! I paired her with a French tip look using Zoya’s Stevie Pixie Dust. Then added a little fimo butterfly…or “flutterby” as my niece used to say when she was little! 🙂
Remember that old jingle? “Nothin’ says lovin’ like somethin’ from the oven.” Well, here ya go! Imagine standing outside a Cinnabon shop, the scent of freshly baked cinnamon buns wafts through the crisp morning air. Yeah, you know that smell. It’s enough to make any fitness guru weak in the knees. You cave and dash inside and your better judgement goes out the window. Two hot cinnamon buns…with butter and fresh ground coffee, coming right up!
Now that I have your attention, imagine that delicious scent on your nails! Jamie at Glitter Lambs has artfully created such a wondrous thing for you. Cinnamon Bun is here for your sniffing pleasure. Or, if you prefer a non-scented version you can order it without, it’s still gorgeous. It’s in a clear base full of different shades of brown hexagon glitters, white hexagon glitters, and white holographic glitters.
Ahh, FINALLY strawberry season! Well, sort of. I love fresh strawberries, so why not wear it on your nails? Add to that one that changes color. This blushing beauty is pink when its warm and Purple when its cold! This polish simply put, is LOADED with glitter.
This delicious bottle serves up TONS of glitters in pinks, blue, yellows, reds, lavenders and white in various sizes and shapes. How fun is that?!
What a gorgeous pink! “Cutie” was the first polish offered by Glitter Lambs and it is phenominal. It’s a brilliant shimmery pink, without being in your face neon. No glitters needed here, it’s pretty enough to stand on it’s own. And I must mention the formula is so easy to work with. Two coats and your done.
I paired it here with Glitter Lambs Strawberry Sundae on the accent nail, one coat over a coat of Cutie. I am in love with this one!
Here is the first of my three new Magical Pixie Dusts from Zoya and it’s out of this world! Now, since mine just came in the mail the other day after waiting for them over a month, I have to say…YES, they were worth the wait. I try so hard to not be an early adopter, but I didn’t want to wait until these sparkling gems hit Ulta’s shelves. (spanks hand) 😉
I still have to try the other two in this Spring 2014 collection, Vega (soft baby blue yet blingy), and Lux, the soft pink with the same amazing features as it’s sisters. I am pretty sure I was prepared for a chunkier experience compared to the other Pixie Dusts, because of what I’ve read. And I own nearly all of them (which I bought with my own cheddar!). I wasn’t however prepared to have my breath removed from my body in one blast upon opening the precariously thin shipping box that Zoya is so famous for. I’ve been praying they would arrive in one piece after such a long wait.
Zoya describes Cosmo as a silver crystal sparkle. I heartily echo that description. They also tout the new spring line with having “mega hex iridescent particles”. I agree, but I think they should have added a disclaimer that you need a bit, just a tad, more patience in applying. Once you put on a thin coat on all ten, by the time you get back to #1 it will be dry. Nice! Then the second coat is the challenge, but maybe it’s just me. And yeah, all you need is two coats. Three would be overkill and it would look like you dipped your fingers in a sparkly vat of extra thick concrete. The result though is nothing short of…magical! Oh my goodness, it’s blindingly bright in the sunshine and should probably come with a warning from the DMV, “Do not stare at nails while driving, it could be hazardous to your health.” If I could describe this jewel in one sentence, I’d have to say it’s like having 100 prisms on ever finger. It’s texured, it’s sparkly, it’s holographic and yes Zoya, it truly IS “Amped Up”! I LOVE all three. One other thing. You know I love me some textured polishes. Such time savers! These are a bit rougher than what I’m used to. So even though Zoya recommends you don’t need base or top coats, and I don’t on the others, I did apply a thin coat of Seche Vite top coat to this. It’s still textured, shine didn’t change, but it just feels smoother. I’d say this is pretty much how I’ll do the others.
Also, you may want to skip wearing this in shark infested waters. I hear they are attracted to shiny things 🙂
Here are two more amazing creations from Jamie at Glitter Lambs Polish. Get this…this decadent polish, Banana Split, smells like a banana split, for real! I could smell it right through the package as I took it out of the mailbox. At first it had me worried. I was afraid maybe something broke during shipping. But everything was in tact and all the bottles were in perfect shape, and beautiful to behold!
I opted for a yellow undie, the color of a banana peel, and a chocolate brown on the accent, because I LOVE chocolate ice cream with bananas.
It has a clear base with very pastel matte yellow hexies? It also has white hexies like whip cream and red hexies representing the cherries, plus white holographic glitter. It’s a delicious combination with so many possibilities. Banana Split is now available for preorder! Use their coupon code HEART15 on $30.00 or more to get 15% off on ALL OF Glitter Lambs POLISHES. Tell Jamie I sent ya!
Next I give you, Cool Whip. And although it’s not scented, it’s a creamy bottle of goodness, and no calories ;-).
I painted this vision in white over a pastel mint. One coat of this topper and you’ll ooh and ahh just like I did!
This stunner is in a clear base filled with holographic white glitter that shifts to pink, White Stars, White Hearts, Silver Dots which I love and really sets this one apart, White Shreds, and very tiny white hex glitter. The whole combo is a delicate masterpiece!
The sweets just keep on coming! Really, besides the massively sweet amount of glitter in these bottles, I went out and bought some sugary treats for props. I couldn’t very well just buy goodies and throw them out after photographing now could I? Well, except for the cupcake my cat commandeered when I wasn’t looking!
1. I can’t pick a favorite so I’ll just run with this. First up we have Cupcake Frosting. Jamie at Glitter Lambs never disappoints and she keeps hitting a home run every time. This clear base is teaming with white glitters that actually transform to pink depending on the light. Then this sweet little temptress sports stars of neon pink, micro lavender and pink hexies and pale pink stars. It stands well on it’s own, shown here in two coats over my bare pinky nail. And over pale yellow base? Oh my sweet heaven! It just glows with only one coat. I think I’ll eat a cupcake just to celebrate.
2. Next we have Jelly Beans. Now, I haven’t eaten a Jelly Bean since my kids were little enough to get Easter candy. Let’s just leave that right there! lol This bottle is LOADED with so many colors and shapes. I could stare at the bottle for, like, a long time. 😉 The clear base topper has one white micro glitter that shifts colors to blues, and one shifts to pink. It’s mesmerizing. You’ll also find pink flowers, larger matte blue hexies, multiple colors of hexies in large and small red, pink, blue and green. I applied one coat over my nail painted with one sheer blush coat. Then the other with one coat over a periwinkle. In honor of Jelly Beans, I shall now eat one. But not the licorice, I pitch those out!
3. I give you, Ice Cream Party. And who doesn’t like ice cream? I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream! I’ve never met an ice cream I didn’t like and this party in a bottle reminds me of colored sprinkles. The clear base is loaded with tiny shredded glitters of white and I think this really gives Ice Cream Party it’s unique quality and dimension. You’ll also find a ton of holo glitters that color shift from white to pink. I love the large yellow hexagons, as well as the blue and red hexies. Here I painted my French pinkie with one…ONE, coat! On my ring finger I used one coat over hot pink…cool! Warning. Do not add to real ice cream. Just paint your nails and have a party!
4. Ok, I’m getting a Sugar Rush now! So aptly named, Sugar Rush is exactly that. Again in a clear base, so you can see every sweet granule. It’s filled with tiny blue, red, yellow and green glitters as well as White Stars, blue, pink, green and red hexagons in several sizes. If you crave a glitter topper that has everything, this is a Star! I painted her over one naked nail, two coats does it. Also painted over a pale lilac. But really, any undercoat will do.
5. If you haven’t got a Sweet Tooth by now, you should! Sweet Tooth glitter topper may not send you to the dentist, but you’ll think you just found the mother load of the sweetest glitters. You know when I have a sweet tooth, I don’t grab for chocolate, even though I LOVE it! And you know, come to think of it placing this over a chocolate base would have been gorgeous. Oh well, next time. I painted her in two coats over my pinky with a base coat of a sheer white. Then one coat over a hot pink. Sweet Tooth clear base contains gobs of cool stuff! Pale pink flowers (LOVE THOSE!), white holos that shift to pink, pink neon stars, holographic diamonds (say it with me… “oooh!”, and pale pink, blue, purple, green and dark pink hexies from micro to medium. Now, go brush your teeth! 😉
6. Last but not least, I present Deer Hunter! No, it’s not filled with sugar, but it could definately qualify as a sweet glitter bomb. Notice I painted one coat over a Hunter’s Orange undie? When I first saw the name, I knew that would be one I’d have to do. This bottle is surely one of favorites. And it’s packed tighter than a truck full of hungry hunters. I also painted him over a pale blue nail. Like the breaking dawn of open season. You won’t need a deer stand for this beauty. The clear base is filled with tiny white shreds that are easy to work with, white holo glitters, black stars and circles, flakies of silver, dark green stars, blue glitters, and a smathering of light blue and light green hexagons. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!
Well, if this ensemble doesn’t send you running for your toothbrush I don’t know what will. I’m truly astounded at Jamie’s creativity in her collections. And the names are truly adorable. Run over to her store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitterLambsPolish and grab up some of these sweeties! Tell her I sent ya! And see the image below for extra savings.